What types of audiences do you speak with?
- For Grades K-8. Assemblies of 200 or less and workshops of 25 or less
How many presentations/assemblies a day?
- A maximum of four, though we can discuss
options. 30-50 minutes each.
What do you talk about at assemblies?
- My assemblies vary, depending on number of children, grade and length. Please contact me to discuss!
School presentation are typically from 30-50 minutes. Almost any number of children is fine, somewhere near 200 or less is best.
What do you do in your workshop?
- My workshops also vary, depending on grade. For the younger classes, I do a follow-along drawing demonstration, where we create an animal together and tell a short story about what we have drawn. I discuss some drawing techniques, including expressions and motion with the class. For the older classes, I discuss the process of creating a story and how illustrations link to words. If the students have been working on their own books, I can create a custom visit to help work on their books.
How do we arrange for children to purchase your book?
- I can prepare an order form for the classroom, which we can then arrange with a local bookseller to get books in time for the visit. I autograph books during my visit (or sometimes before hand if there are a large amount of copies to be signed).
What are your current fees for an author visit?
|| 4 talks during school day
||$1200 + travel/expenses
| Half Day
||2 talks during school day
||$650 + travel/expenses
| Quarter Day
||1 talk during school day
||$350 + travel/expenses
||$400 + travel/expenses
How do I schedule a visit?
- Please contact Gianna by email or by phone at 415.577.3328.